Mac Mini White Screen Crashes

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by BSQRT, Aug 20, 2012.

1. BSQRT macrumors newbie

I recently bought 2 identical, used (but brand new condition) mid 2010 mac minis. 2.4ghz core 2 duo, 4gb ram, 320gb drive
    1 of them is running Mountain Lion and runs as flawlessly and smoothly as I'd expect a Mac to.

The other seems to be quite problematic. It is running mountain lion. Since I began setting it up yesterday, (OSX install, Mail config...etc) it has crashed 5 times.
    With little running (either a game from the app store or Mail+Messages) the computer randomly crashes. The screen goes black and then comes back on with a white screen that says something like "This computer was shut down because of an issue". It then reboots itself, and seems to work fine until it happens again.

I highly doubt it is a software issue, as the other mac mini is running the exact same everything and running like a Mac.

I've searched many other forums and through google and not found anyone with a problem even similar.

I think it might be a harddrive/logic board issue.
    Anyone have any ideas?

I will attach a picture of the screen the next time it happens

2. szw-mapple fan macrumors 65816

szw-mapple fan

try asking an apple genius. :apple::apple:

3. BSQRT thread starter macrumors newbie

Mac Mini White Screen Crashes Update

When the computer turns back on, it displays the warning message in the attachment.
    When I click Report, the pop up window disappears, but nothing else follows.
    There is no window to send report to apple, or view the report my self.

As of 12:00 today, it has crashed 7 times since yesterday total;3 times in the past 4 hours.

Attached Files:

4. mwhities macrumors 6502a

My MM 2009 did the samething this weekend. I just restarted after that and it's been running fine since then.

I was beating it up with 10+ Safari tabs, D3 and iTunes... So, I'm not sure what crashed.

5. BSQRT thread starter macrumors newbie

White Screen Update

The computer shipped with 2gb of ram. I had upgraded it to 4gb, and the crashing started. I reverted to the original ram, and it now works fine. I think I had a bad RAM stick.