Mac Mini Windows 7 Problems with Boot Camp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by shinderhizzle84, Sep 2, 2010.

1. shinderhizzle84 macrumors member

Hello! I've had the new version of the Mac Mini ever since it came out, and just now, I've run into my first major problem with it.

So the first thing I did, since I'm a huge gamer, was use Boot Camp to install Windows 7 on my mac mini. It has been working absolutely flawlessly until recently, and I only just noticed this major problem.

I rarely use the Mac OS, but now, when I need to for a school project, I can't get into the Mac OS part of my partition.

Here is my dilemma:

I've owned a Macbook Pro before and I had Windows Vista installed on there via boot camp, as well, and I used to use the method of holding down the alt button on my keyboard to switch between which partitions I wanted to use. Now my problem is that for some reason, whenever I restart, even when I hold down alt, the computer boots straight into whichever hard disk is loaded as my main hard disk. I believe this is because I'm using a Windows-based keyboard, and not a mac keyboard. Does anybody else run a mac with a windows based keyboard and know if there is a workaround for switching up boot disks?

Now, this wouldn't be a big issue if I could go into my Boot Camp Control Panel in Windows and change the default hard disk. But I can't load up Boot Camp for some very strange reason. It used to load up on system start up but for the past few weeks, for some reason, it has not, and when I go into my Program Files and double click the .exe file to try and load it manually, it never loads up, not even when I check in the task manager--it just never loads up.

So I'm wondering what I should do. I have to start working on this project for the beginning of classes TODAY (they start on Tuesday and it's a pretty lengthy project that I want to do a good job on), so I would appreciate it if somebody at all could help me boot onto my Mac OS before the end of tonight.

Thank you very much!

2. vistadude macrumors 65816

Can you see the mac partition in windows explorer? You might consider completely uninstalling the bootcamp drivers for windows and reinstalling them.