Mac Mini With 32" LCD TV

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by Drpepper99uk, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Drpepper99uk macrumors member

Hi,

Can anyone on here help me? My friend is thinking about buying a Mac Mini soon and he wanted to know if one would work with his 32" LCD TV his just bought saving him buying another monitor just to use the Mac Mini on it.

The TV he's just bought is this one:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produ...9303|32+inch+LCD+TVs|10199316.htm?Price+Cut=1

I'm not sure if the mini will support the resolution, or if he has the right inputs(HDMI,PC input etc) that will work ok with it without him getting odd sizes and funny displays.

Any ideas?

Michael.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

It's 1920x1080. It supports it. Get a DVI-HDMI cable. You'll need external speakers for audio.

3. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

You can use the PC input which is Normally a VGA connector, You can get a DVI-VGA Connector for the computer. The resolution is 1366 by 768 according to the page.

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Is it? Pah. Didn't go to the page. I just assumed he'd buy a full-HD TV.

Oh, and there's only one HDMI port. OP, if you won't be using the HDMI for something else, still get a DVI-HDMI cable and use that. If you need HDMI for some reason other than your computer, use the DVI-VGA adapter and get a VGA-VGA cable.

5. mcavjame macrumors 65816

mcavjame

The mini comes with this connector.

Attached Files:

6. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

Yeah, That's why I looked.

Yeah I wasn't sure of that so I didn't say, Thanks!

7. Drpepper99uk thread starter macrumors member

Hi,

Thanks for your replies. He bought his Mac mini today at our local Apple store and for some reason they didn't have it on display unlike last time we visited(2 months ago) so maybe there's an update coming??? We managed to get them to give us a free cable though in order to use the HDMI on his TV.

He's happy with it anyway, works for his needs ;-)

Michael.