Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andeify

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2012
UK
I dont seem to have any problems with my Base i5 (Late 2012).

I have it connected to my TV via HDMI, and use the wireless KB and Mouse.

the one thing I have noticed is that when I turn my TV off then on again, I get a message saying there was a graphics problem, I report it everytime.

maks.us

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2014
I use
Mac mini 2012
8Gb
Apple SSD

I have the same issue.
Mac mini always connected to headphones and external HDD.
Two monitors connected (HDMI-HDMI and thunderbolt -> DIV )

1) I've disabled "Put hdd to sleep when possible"
2) I started use touchpad for waking up and it become better.

My guess the issue is coming from waking up by keyboard.
Could somebody confirm this point ?

By the way. I have clean installation after formatting HDD and the mac mini with I7 ( 4 cores )

I've tried disconnecting all USB devices, connect only one monitor via HDMI and wake up only by touchpad. The issue is still actual.

Mcdevidr

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2013
My 2012 is set to not sleep but I have seen these issues as well. I have mine hooked up to tv via hdmi. im going to try using a mini dp to hdmi.

xsailor

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2014
Oceanside California
Im having the same problem' my MAC Mini 2012 (after the Yosemite install) after I put it to sleep it keeps locking up. I have to turn the whole thing off and back on to get it to work again. My monitor is HDMI only. How do I not use the HDMI output from the Mac Mini as suggested above for the fix?

Last edited:

Pam.lall

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2014
Display

Hi, I installed Yosemite on my mac mini and now my screen display looks stretched. My screen is an HP, flat screen, LE2201W. Everything appears wider. Any idea how to fix this? I tried changing the resolution but it only allows me to go up to 1400 x 1050. Please help.

g.t. rags

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2010
Long Island
Hi, I installed Yosemite on my mac mini and now my screen display looks stretched. Everything appears wider. Any idea how to fix this? I tried changing the resolution but it only allows me to go up to 1400 x 1050. Please help.

have you gone into display and clicked off "best for display," and then adjusted the scale?

audiomixer

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2007
Idaho
Mid 2010 mac mini sleep / wake

Here is my experience with yosemite on a mid 2010 mac mini (I have two of them as media servers). Also have a retina MBPro with yosemite with zero issues on sleep and wake.
My minis are bare bones installs with nothing but plex media server, plex home theater, and rowmote helper installed. The only connections to the minis are HDMI, ethernet, and power cable.
I have done a mavericks to yosemite upgrade and a yosemite clean install to see if the problem lies with installing yosemite a certain way. I did smc and pram resets after the installs.
Performance wise I see no real difference between mavericks and yosemite. My issues came to light with wake after sleep using rowmote to control the mini (my other mini was equally affected BTW). Soon after the mini would wake from sleep, rowmote would show that it was searching for the mini but at the same time was still connected to it but after a while, the connection would cease and the mini would show as unavailable. Also what would happen is that from my MBpro, the mini would no longer show as a mac device under shared in finder, but would show as a PC. The screen share option would no longer be available nor would "connect as" allow a connection of any kind giving me an error that the mini was unavailable. The only way to restore connectivity was a reboot of the mini.
As long as the mini is not allowed to sleep, all continues to function perfectly, but if it is allowed to sleep at all, then forget having remote connections, screen share access, and "connect as" work as it did under mavericks.
Al first we suspected rowmote as the culprit. The authors sent me a debug rowmote helper which revealed nothing unusual on the part of rowmote. We eliminated rowmote from the equation and was able to duplicate the issue each time.
This has all been submitted by me to apple along with system logs, sysdiagnose, and so on. I got the impression that this is due to older hardware based on some of the log entries and that the likelihood of this getting fixed is not particularly a top priority. I have heard nothing back from apple and I am not holding my breath.
Bottom line is if you want to run yosemite on a 2010 mac mini, do not use sleep if you want full functionality.
If you need to use sleep/wake, then continue to use, or go back to Mavericks to retain full functionality.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.