mac mini won't startup

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by pogotc, Apr 8, 2007.

1. pogotc macrumors newbie

it gets past the gray screen with the apple, loads up the blue screen with the progress meter (which stays empty) and then does nothing.
    I've tried starting in verbose mode but it doesn't produce any errors and doesn't hang anywhere.
    I'm still new to macs and this is the first time one of them has gone wrong so i'm not quite sure what to try, thanks for any suggestions.

2. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

How long have you waited? Sometimes its only a case of giving it some time.. I'd try Safe Mode too.

3. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

Try restarting from your system disk (hold the C key down during startup). Once this is up on the startup screen, select Disk Utility from the Menu--don't reinstall the OS!--and verify/repair permissions and your hard drive. Once this is done, reboot and see if the problem is fixed.

4. pogotc thread starter macrumors newbie

just tried safe mode and i get the same thing, the progress indicator hasn't budged for about 5 mins now.

5. pogotc thread starter macrumors newbie

oh and i just tried fsck and it said the volume is ok

6. mrzeve macrumors 6502a

Unplug everything from the computer except for the screen.

Keyboard, Mouse, USB items, everything. Take it all out. Just leave the power and the monitor cable connected.

7. pogotc thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the suggestion, i tried it and am getting the same results. It gets to the progress meter thing and then freezes.:(