Mac Mini won't turn on?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hiroiatama, May 20, 2011.

1. hiroiatama macrumors newbie

First time poster here. I have 2 mac minis early 09 model. Neither of them will turn on. I google the problem and found out that I should reset the PMU. I reset the PMU and the fan turned on high speed but no power light went on in the front and nothing appeared on the monitor.

Has anybody experienced this before and how did you get it fixed? Feeling a bit frustrated right now. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. hiroiatama thread starter macrumors newbie

Already tried that.

I should have noted that I already visited that website and tried all of that stuff. None of it worked. I appreciate your willingness to help though.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

4. hiroiatama thread starter macrumors newbie

I reset both the SMC and the PMU just like the website suggested. I just find it odd that both of the minis no longer will turn on. I might add that they were used only for one reason and that was to run my apple tv through. I had 4 1T books hooked up to each of them full of movies. I ran the apple tv off of it. One was at my house and the other at my condo. Now neither work. I am hoping that someone has heard of a mini stop turning on and can have any clue as to why.