Mac mini?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by macs55, Oct 25, 2008.

1. macs55 macrumors newbie

Hi, I would buy mac mini 2 ghz, 2 gb di ram,
    what do you think about it?
    Usually, I use computer to surf the net; often I use dreamweaver and photoshop too.

Thanks
    macs55

2. JG271 macrumors 6502a

JG271

If you are buying it new i would wait a while, it hasn't been updated in so long and it seems like updates are just around the corner. If you choose to upgrade the Ram, i'd suggest doing it yourself rather than buying it pre-installed from apple. Whilst the upgrade takes a while, you'll save quite a bit of money.

3. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

It sounds like it would be fine for what you want to do (Photoshop's not going to run brilliantly if you're doing anything intensive though), but it hasn't been updated for over a year, so it's probably not the best time to buy right now. Also, if you were planning on playing any modern 3D games you may want to consider another Mac.

4. G5power macrumors 6502

Macs55 like the other response said you will want to wait for Apple to either update or whatever they are planning to do.

But if you are not in a situation to wait you should check the refurb section on Apples website. You can save something like $100 and still get a one year warranty.

The minis listed on the refurb site seem to sell quickly so check early in the morning.