Mac Mobo is shot. Need to transfer. Please help!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kurtb2080, Oct 6, 2007.

1. kurtb2080 macrumors newbie

:eek:Hello! My Mac died the other night and after a heartbreaking trip to the Apple store they deemed that the Mobo was fried. Now I have EVERYTHING on the harddrive and I am desperate to get it off. Its all my music and work files. I only have a PC now and Im wondering is there anyway to put my Mac harddrive in my PC and transfer off all my music and pics and work files???? I really need this stuff asap so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. Serge N Gin macrumors member

Serge N Gin

If your Mac has a Firewire Port then you can connect it to another Firewire Mac using a 6 pin Firewire cable & Target Disc Mode and transfer the data that way.

3. kurtb2080 thread starter macrumors newbie

No the Mac is fried. Like dead dead. (will not boot/power on) The Harddrive is the only thing that still works on it. I can only use the harddrive on a PC. How would i go about exploring my Mac Harddrive on my PC???

4. Serge N Gin macrumors member

Serge N Gin

Probably wouldn't be able to read the Mac formatted HD .... better off removing it and connecting it up to another Mac ...

5. Serge N Gin macrumors member

Serge N Gin

6. kurtb2080 thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there really no way to read a Mac harddrive on a pc? I dont wanna try and boot the osx I just wanna try and pull of my data folders. Is this possible? Anyone?

7. Serge N Gin macrumors member

Serge N Gin

8. kurtb2080 thread starter macrumors newbie