Mac monitor connection

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by anne82, Apr 29, 2009.

  1. anne82 macrumors newbie

    Apr 29, 2009
    I have an old mac monitor which i would like to connect to my MacBook Pro.
    I have no idea what kind of adapter i need. it is not a VGA seems to be some special mac thing.
    I attached a picture..any idea where I could buy an adapter for that?
    Thanks for your help,

    Attached Files:

  2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603


    Jul 26, 2004
    Montreal, QC
    It is indeed a proprietary Apple connector that they abandoned about 5 years ago, known as ADC. It includes display, USB, and power. You'll need to pick up a DVI to ADC adapter. The price is pretty unfortunate, though.
  3. MacDuck macrumors member

    Feb 18, 2007
    Silver Spring, MD
    I might be going on a limb here, but that looks like an ADC connector.

    You will need an ADC to DVI adapter. Apple sells one, although it is expensive. Here is the link:

    You can search for other 3rd party adapters that might be cheaper.

    Good luck.

Share This Page