Mac ms paint like program

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thejadedmonkey, Jul 10, 2007.

1. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Hey guys, I'm looking for a MS Paint sort of program for OS X. I have a wacom tablet and Photoshop CS1, which is a pain to load on an intel mac. Does anyone know of a simple, free, light weight drawing app that I can use with my tablet, just so have some fun with?

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

3. thejadedmonkey thread starter macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Exactly what I needed! I had for gotten all about it as last time I downloaded it, it wasn't exactly what I could call stable, but in the few seconds I played around with it tonight, it seems to work much better. Thanks!

4. steelfist macrumors 6502a

Gimpshop is nice too, but you need to install X11.

i use Seashore primarily but you can also look into Gimpshop. it's basically gimp that feels like photoshop.

5. aspro macrumors 6502

It is my understanding that Seashore is basically a somewhat stripped down version of the GIMP with an aqua interface. So there probably isn't much benefit considering the overhead of X11, unless of course you need whatever is left out of Seashore.

6. Gav macrumors regular

I'm currently using a nifty little program called Skitch. Its in invite only beta atm, I have a few invites, so PM me if you want one.

It also comes with free, unlimited image storage (no ads)...

Its FANTASTIC :D

[​IMG]

7. djstarrock macrumors 6502a

djstarrock

Skitch is a good program but I think Seashore has more features.