Mac & MSN... Dun dun dun!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by iTouchHearts, Nov 18, 2011.

1. iTouchHearts macrumors newbie

iTouchHearts

Alright, so a little background information... I use a MacBook (OS X 10.5.8) and frequently run Microsoft Messenger for Mac (Version 8.0.1).

I am having terrible trouble with my display picture: sometimes it shows for my friends; most times it doesn't; at one point, it showed for weeks; another, it didn't show for weeks; etc.

Yes, I checked all the boxes necessary to enable my display picture to be shown to all friends on my contact list; I asked contacts if they'd checked all their settings properly. CHECK.

I've been looking for troubleshooting forums and such for this particular issue. Most of them sounded like they were using a 7.2.something-or-the-other... I'm sensing this may be a Mac problem, as most PC users don't seem to have such a problem with their MSN.

Is there a solution to all the headache? If you know anything about this issue, or if you could direct me to some other forum that does, I would greatly appreciate your input. :)

2. iTouchHearts, Nov 19, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2011

iTouchHearts thread starter macrumors newbie

iTouchHearts

243 views and not a single post? Come on... someone's gotta have somethin'... How much will it cost me? : p

3. M Quick macrumors 6502

M Quick

I've noticed a whole bunch of bugs in msn messenger for OSX, it was enough to go through those bugs for two days, then i switched over to Adium, which is a much better client for msn messenger. Atleast it doesn't contain any bugs that I've noticed.

My conclusion is that msn messenger simply isn't meant to work flawlessly in OSX just because it's a microsoft software :p

4. AdrianK macrumors 68020

Microsoft Messenger is terrible. I've used Adium ever since switching to OS X, it has a lot of great features and integrates nicely in to OS X. Unfortunately, it doesn't support video chat over MSN.