Mac MSN problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by scan, Mar 4, 2009.

1. scan macrumors 6502

This is going to sound weird but does anyone experience this problem:

If you type in the text box, press enter, message gets delivered, then your cursor disappears and you can't resume typing?? I have to manually click my mouse back in the text field and it's annoying.

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

It's not much help if you're particularly partial to the proprietary MSN client, but you could try using Adium instead.

Ooo, alliteration!

3. scan thread starter macrumors 6502

I should have been clear. I'm not interested in another messenging client. I just want to know whether anyone else experiences this.

4. Cboss macrumors 6502

Many people, including myself, have had this problem since installing Safari 4 Beta. I'm guessing that's what you did too. So, you can either uninstall Safari 4 Beta, get a new messaging client, or just put up with it until an update comes along to fix the problem. Sorry

5. scan thread starter macrumors 6502

I am using safari 4, but it would seem weird that is what is affecting it.

6. Cboss macrumors 6502

Yeah, I'm not sure of the exact reasoning, but if you search you should find several other threads on this.

7. xrxsxbx macrumors newbie

Im having the exact issue, so i guess im not the only one and i also download safari beta 4:eek:

8. scan thread starter macrumors 6502

I was debating between reverting back to safari 3 or installing adium. I figured I don't want to deal with this anymore so I installed adium. Works great.

9. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

10. scan thread starter macrumors 6502

I already found those after knowing that it was Safari causing this problem. I would have searched (as I always do) but I didn't know what to search for. Something like "MSN mac cursor disappears from text field after I sent one message" seemed to me to be a bit cumbersome.

11. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No prob. Many don't know about MRoogle, which is why I post it. Generally speaking, using fewer search terms will help. I always narrow the time frame, as well, to make sure I'm not getting 3 yr old posts.

12. eri macrumors newbie

Mee too

Hi, I am having the same problem on MSN and in addition I cannot read my hotmail emails... I can go into the inbox but do nothing thereafter.....

Do you think this will be solved? what's the alternative??

13. Tollan23 macrumors newbie

I am having all the above problems as well! What's wrong with Microsoft!?

14. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong