Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrD1sturbed

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 13, 2005
Well i just got my first Macbook two days ago (new years eve) and so far I love it. I got the 2.4ghz Macbook Aluminum model with the backlit keyboard (this should be standard on ALL laptops!).

So far no problems whatsoever. The Airport picked up my D-Link DGL-4500 with no issues, strong signal everywhere in my house. Battery life has been in the high 3 low 4 hours mark with only 2 cycles on the battery. The trackpad a modern marvel in my eyes, i love the tactile feel of the button.

I even loaded up Vista via Boot Camp with no issues whatsoever (after I loaded the latest updates of course).

All in all i'm very happy with my experience so far and I can't wait to learn all i can about my new Macbook.

Chris:D

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
Congrats! Interesting, you're a "Mac newbie" but you knew how to check the amount of battery cycles? Most Mac newbies don't even know how to use the Dock. ;)

MrD1sturbed

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 13, 2005
Congrats! Interesting, you're a "Mac newbie" but you knew how to check the amount of battery cycles? Most Mac newbies don't even know how to use the Dock. ;)

Ha you got me. I had a Blackbook once for a week but I gave it up because i honestly couldn't get used to OSX. I decided to give it a shot again and actually put some effort in switching. So far so good.

kastenbrust

macrumors 68030
Dec 26, 2008
North Korea
Congrats!
Dont forget to fully charge the battery and then fully discharge it on all new Macbooks or your stuffed :( well not quite that bad :p

:):apple:

myriad

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2009
PA
Gongrats!

I read your post well. I look forward to having a fantastic tour into MAC.

cogsinister

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2006
Fredericton NB Canada
I have to agree also, I have the 2.4 and love the light up keyboard, I mean come on, How much could it cost to add a couple led lights under the keyboard? Apple thinks 300.00 but thats Apple for you.

It looks a lot more than a "couple" of Leds under my keyboard......and that $300 also buys you an extra 400mhz of cpu (x2) and a substantialy bigger hard drive......a bargain methinks......

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
I have to agree also, I have the 2.4 and love the light up keyboard, I mean come on, How much could it cost to add a couple led lights under the keyboard? Apple thinks 300.00 but thats Apple for you.

I agree as well but the backlit keyboard is done by Fiber optics, not LED's. Until other companies design full fiber optic backlit keyboards like Apple's notebooks we can expect Apple to make us pay more for that feature. Can't blame them for that. No competition in this area.

cogsinister

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2006
Fredericton NB Canada
I agree as well but the backlit keyboard is done by Fiber optics, not LED's. Until other companies design full fiber optic backlit keyboards like Apple's notebooks we can expect Apple to make us pay more for that feature. Can't blame them for that. No competition in this area.

Fiber optics !!! Cool, i diden't realise that !!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.