Mac newbie here - transferring photos between MacBook and iPhone

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by KriStellar26, Sep 8, 2016.

1. KriStellar26 macrumors member

Hi everyone. I am here to find out the best easiest most convenient way to transfer photos either from my iPhone to my MacBook or vice versa. WITHOUT losing any quality. I backed up my moms iPhone for her because she needed to restore it to factory. Yet I come from Windows so I like to store photos in folders a lot like Windows would allow. So now I have all these photos on my Mac. But I cannot seem to find a good way to transfer them full quality back to her phone! I tried the iTunes method by selecting the folder to sync. But it seems to be syncing them at much less than full quality. I don't use any iCloud services or iPhoto, whatever it's called. I am used to drag and drop. This is primarily what I use my Mac/computer for. So I really would like a nice easy way to get this done. I would appreciate any advice offered. Thank you in advance!

2. simon lefisch macrumors 6502a

simon lefisch

If your Mac supports it, you can Airdrop all the photos to your moms iPhone.

3. KriStellar26 thread starter macrumors member

Probably not. I have an older MacBook Pro, the one that has the CD rom drive.

4. photoj2754 macrumors 6502

photoj2754

You could check out the Photo Transfer app in the App Store. Been using it for about two years and it works very nicely. I think it was 2.99 when I got it. Desk Connect is another good one.

5. Barry01 macrumors newbie

AirDrop gives you an option to find an older mac

6. simon lefisch macrumors 6502a

simon lefisch

What model? I have a late 2011 MBP with a cd drive as well. Granted I have the modified BT card, but still.

7. KriStellar26 thread starter macrumors member

I have the 13 inch from 2011 I believe. So I could use airdrop with that?

8. simon lefisch macrumors 6502a

simon lefisch

Should be able to. Try it out. Turn BT and WiFi on both devices and see what happens.

9. KriStellar26 thread starter macrumors member

10. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

Trying to use Mac OS X like Windows is a recipe for frustration if that's how you want to work install Windows on your Mac it will be far less frustrating in the long run.