Mac newbie - making it easy from PC to Mac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by fromPC2Mac, Jul 7, 2009.

1. fromPC2Mac macrumors newbie

Hi all

Have finally moved onto the Apple train with my new iPhone, but now I'm looking at getting rid of my PC and getting a Mac, but just need a bit of advice!

Firstly, should I get an iMac or a mac pro? I'm a graphic designer, so I'm guessing the answer is Mac Pro, but this turns out to be a lot more expensive once you've brought the display etc.

And secondly, is Photoshop and Dreamweaver on Mac? And if so, is it pretty much the same to use? Took me years to fully learn these programs, so don't want to have to start again!

Thanks in advance! :)

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

iMac is enough for you and yes, there's all Adobe apps for Macs too including PS and DW.

3. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

And, if you ask nicely, Adobe should be willing to transfer over your software licenses for your current design programs, so you won't have to spring for the full cost of the programs.

According to the reports of others, you need to call Adobe customer service. They'll grill you, ask you to sign some agreement that you'll never again use the PC version you own, and will charge some kind of transfer/processing fee. Then they send you the Mac version.