Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dominogirl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2010
Hi Everyone,

I'm brand new to the world of macs, and got myself a Macbook Pro 13" in October through the Apple online store.

I'm still very new to the whole thing, been a PC girl my entire life- it's quite a leap!

Essentially my issues are around the 'superdrive' and using iDvd. I have spent the last week or so working on editing my wedding video using iMovie (again, a new experience) and then exported it to iDvd. I then tried to burn the DVD, however 1) Burn DVD was not an option 2) I had a message come up (at some point) which said that I do not have a compatible superdrive and would not be able to burn DVDs using iDvd. However, I can burn Data DVDs and otherwise using iTunes.

I'm incredibly frustrated and upset right now- I've tried calling technical support but the call centre is closed. There's no way to email anyone from apple. I can't even login to the apple.com forums because it 'can't find the page I'm looking for'!!!

If anyone could help at all, I would really, really appreciate it- whether its letting me know whats wrong with my mac or offering me some advice on other software to use!

PS This is my first time using iMovie, iDVD etc.

Last edited:

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Two quick questions just to begin:

1. What blank media are you using?
2. How large is the exported file that you're trying to burn?

dominogirl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2010
No stress- about to go to work so might not answer any more for a bit

I am using just normal blank dvds from my stash- to be honest I have no idea whether it's a +R -R or any of the above

The file is a 2 minute movie, around 60mb from memory- very small.

Thankyou!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.