Mac Newbie Question on Lion and Warcraft

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by W1MRK, Jun 16, 2011.

1. W1MRK macrumors 6502

Dec 9, 2010
    Hello. I have had my iMac mid 2010 for less than a year and have only used one OS version which is 10.6

Curious for those of you who Play WOW or any game that can be a bit of a system hog if its worth me upgrading?

I have a 3.2 core i3 4g ram 1tb drive. 5670 AMD at 512.

My concern is this. In my old days of building Pee C's every now and then when a new OS or Version came out there could be issues either GPU, CPU, or HD wise with some games. I am no expert on Mac OS so looking for input.

Will I have that issue, or see any loss or is a upgrade to the Mac OS usually a boost to all aspects?

I also run SC2 and Aperture 3 and its very important to me not to have those slow down.

Am I worried about nothing, or can you run into issues upgrading Mac OS?

Thanks all.
  2. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

May 28, 2005
    There will always be bugs in upgrading, especially if you're upgrading to a .0 release. I remember when Leopard came out, anyone using a specific OS extension caused the installer to hang at a blue screen, and the computer was stuck in a non-booting, non-upgradable state. It was the Apple BSOD.

Long story short: Let other people be the guiny pig, or have a backup. Things should go smoothly, but best not to find out the hard way if you cannot afford any downtime.

As far as apps go, they'll work no problem. Blizz has a Lion DP right now, and I'm sure they're making sure WoW and SC2 work well with it.
  3. W1MRK thread starter macrumors 6502

Dec 9, 2010