.mac no work on iPod touch???

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bossass, Oct 3, 2007.

1. bossass macrumors regular

Why won't my .Mac work on the ipod touch through Safari? The page loads and shows the list of my emails, but when I try to click on an email to have it show in the bottom window (or double click to have it open in a new window) it won't let me. Each email in the list is not available to click on. I don't understand why Apple wouldn't have their webmail service work on the iPod touch. And would it be too much to ask to have mail on the iPT?

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

There was a problem with .Mac webmail access in general recently. Try it again tonight or tomorrow and see if you're still having the problem accessing it.

3. bossass thread starter macrumors regular

Still not working. Thoroughly disappointed. This was a big draw for me: being able to check email on the go. Again, why can't we just have mail?

4. swanseastu macrumors member

swanseastu

Ive been using .mac webmail on mine no problem

The log in page shows me how many emails on the left, then I click log in, and it brings up the normal web based mail system - no problems

I do agree though - why cant we have mail!

5. Loge macrumors 68020

Loge

So, you are able to read the e-mails by clicking on them? And have you been able to send e-mail successfully on the touch from .mac? It didn't work for me a few days back.

6. bryng macrumors member

7. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

I can get into .Mac and see all my messages there, but I can't click to see them. They show up in the little preview area at the bottom, but Safari doesn't let me scroll down to read it all.

I can write & send a new message, though Safari will sometimes crash when doing so.

I use Gmail anyway for my mobile mail. If you use the Gmail iPhone page it's really very fast. Point your iPod's Safari to http://gmail.com/app.

8. bossass thread starter macrumors regular

This is my experience, except no preview shows up in the lower box. I did get it once to show up and was actually able to select an email from the inbox to view, although I have no idea how I did it. Safari did crash on me a few times using .Mac as well. I seem to have no problems recieving mail.

I have to use .Mac for my email right now. I don't suppose there's any way to port them through gmail. I know I can always have them redirected there, but then the incomings wouldn't be saved back at .mac? I would also need to be able to send them with a return address from .mac, so as not to confuse business contacts. Anyway, this should work better. I understand they don't want to give the touch too many features to have it overlap with the iPhone, but honestly, why not? An iPhone owner is never gonna drag around an iPhone and iPod Touch at once.

9. spacefm macrumors newbie

No mail client on ipod Touch!

i am still shocked there is NO MAIL CLIENT on the Touch.

I will NOT BUY one until there is.

I am pretty disappointed in Apple that they took functionality away from the Iphone to make the touch.

Lack of an editable Calendar app and microphone isn't fun either.

Apple! put the mail client on the touch so that we don't have to be frustrated simply checking our frigging mail.

10. Newton User macrumors newbie

@spacefm

Haven't checked all the threads, did you put that answer into any thread you possibly found here ?

11. Kenal0 macrumors regular

Use the old login and .mac should work.

mac.com/WebObjects/Webmail.woa/9/wa/default?wosid=2lodLssPzjjvtPzmMqf0tg

12. Sly macrumors 6502

Sly

.mac worked fine when I first bought my iPT (on the day of release) and it work fine for about 3 days after. It then mysteriously stopped working and still does not. If I were more of a conspiracy theorist I might suggest that Apple has purposely stopped it working to keep the divide between the iPT & iPhone, in the same way they have purposely disabled many other features on the iPT. But I'm not so I'm sure Apple are working day and night to make sure .mac functionally is returned to the iPT.