Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tom McMahon

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I want iWork 08' but I have the trial version of iWork 06'. According to Apple I can't purchase the 06' license then upgrade, I need to purchase the full 08' boxed version. That would leave me with two. Is deleting an app in OS X as simple as opening 'Macintosh HD' and dragging the app (in this case iWork 06') to the trash can? Deleting programs in Windows is a major PITA I figured it couldn't be as easy as dragging the app to the trash....could it?

TIA

Aniej

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2006
yes you can delete an appciation. one of the best ways to do so is with an application called appzapper as it pulls all the associated preferences and other (not your documents, just the application support files) files with the application and then you trash them. Just sending to trash has a tendancy to leave old stuff behind.

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
On some apps you can just drag the app to the trash and that will get rid of it. However on more advanced apps like the iWork apps you'll want to use something like uapp.

mick4394

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2006
Flyover country
If you don't want to pay for appzapper, there's an app call app delete that does the same thing for free. The only thing appzapper has on app delete is the neato zapper sound effect.

Aniej

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2006
If you don't want to pay for appzapper, there's an app call app delete that does the same thing for free. The only thing appzapper has on app delete is the neato zapper sound effect.

ummm and that is critical! Zzaaapppp ;)

Freyqq

macrumors 601
Dec 13, 2004
If you just dragged the app to the trash, it would delete 99% of the files. app delete will also delete the prefs for the app. All that means is that if you someday reinstalled iwork 06', you'd have your same prefs as before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.