Mac not ejecting disk that is inside

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Pogue Mahone, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Pogue Mahone macrumors newbie

Hello,

I put in a blank CD into my mac just now to burn some songs onto it. As soon as the CD was in, my mac asked if I wanted to use it right away with itunes or if I just wanted to open it in finder. I picked the latter as my songs are not on itunes and I wanted to burn them manually.

Now for some odd reason, the CD icon has disappeared from my desktop and when I push the Eject button on my keyboard, nothing happens. It's as if my MAC thinks the CD isn't in anymore, while in fact, it is.

Anyone know what I can do?

Thanks,

2. EmielS macrumors member

Try to drag the CD thats on your dashboard to the eject button on your dock

3. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

4. Pogue Mahone thread starter macrumors newbie

Fan-bloody-tastic - Used Disk Utlity and the CD is now ejected.

Thank you so much.

5. 5805 macrumors newbie

I, too, am having a problem with my disk drive. I've tried everything on that list but the disk is physically stuck in there. It whirs and clanks but it wont come out. It also wont read the disk (everytime i hit the eject button it makes noise for a second, acts like its loading, then tries to eject again) Help! Please!

6. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Well the guide link I posted is more of a software level type of fix. If something is physically wrong with the drive you may need to get it physically fixed - preferably by Apple, if you are still under warranty. If you are not or you're confident in your abilities, try having a look at the iFixit guides.