.mac not syncing with Address Book?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sir42, Nov 18, 2007.

1. sir42 macrumors 6502

I can't seem to get my online .mac Address Book to sync with my desktop Address Book.

On my Mac, I have checked "Synchronize with .Mac: Automatically" selected in my system preferences.

Online, I have "Turn on .Mac Address Book Synchronization" selected on the .mac preferences pages."

I even reset my sync data locally and manually initiated a sync. On my computer, it shows that my last sync was earlier today. But online it shows that my last sync was June 5th.

Is there a solution for this?

thanks!

2. kangorillas macrumors newbie

kangorillas

Try resetting .Mac sync data

to reset sync information:
    1) Open System Preferences and click .Mac.
    2) Click Advanced and then click Reset Sync Data.
    3) Choose the information you want to reset from the Replace pop-up menu (such as Bookmarks, Contacts, or All Sync Info).
    4) Click the right arrow. The screen will change to say "On .Mac with sync info from this computer."
    5) Click Replace. This will replace the information on .Mac with the information from your computer.

after resetting your sync information, you may need to reset your .Mac Bookmarks if you sync those.

1) Go to .Mac http://www.mac.com and log in.
    2) Click Address Book and then click Preferences.
    3) Deselect the "Turn on .Mac Address Book Synchronization" checkbox, and click Save.
    4) Click Preferences again, reselect the checkbox, and click Save.

Of that doesn't work you can always try writing the dot mac support team an email. sadly there is customer service support center.