Mac Office 08

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by meyer1131, Apr 11, 2008.

1. meyer1131 macrumors regular

What is the deal with Mac Office 08 in comparison to 04. I have installed 04 on my computer but my 08 version came in the mail. I mainly use word and powerpoint. Will I have an issue opening word documents or powerpoionts at my school if they have office 04?

THanks

2. Dany M macrumors 6502

04 documents will worok if you have 08.

I have mac office 2008 and its GREAT, it can get slow on times but its great, if you are worried that your word document or powerpoint won't work in the 2004 version, there is an option it when you save as to save it as .ppt(office 2004)

3. redshift20 macrumors member

You may have problems depending on how you save the files. Office 2008 uses the newer xml format (.docx, .xmlx, .pptx etc) that can't be opened on earlier versions.

Just make sure you save it as the older format and you should be fine.

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Uh, Duh! It took me a couple of docx to figure this out, but you are right on "redshirt20" b/c many of my email recipients were emailing back saying WTF dude! :eek:

5. JasonK macrumors member

I have had people with Office 07' say that they cannot open a file I sent saved in Office 08' for mac, that is the only problem I have had. It is faster than 04' and has a better layout. My problem was solved by saving everything in compatibility mode.

6. bov macrumors 6502

one problem i have is that when i use exposé, and my cursor is over the Word window, the light blue film that covers it is not actually on the window, its usually in some random place, or not there at all. :confused:

Also, i cant seem to update my Word 08