Mac Office 2008 Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ODTU, Nov 22, 2008.

1. ODTU macrumors newbie

I finally decided to install Mac Office 2008 figuring that the bugs would be worked out by now. Unfortuantely all is not well. I tried installing Mac Office 2008 twice, updating each time to the most recent version and running repair permissions.

Each time I try to save a Word document I receive the following message "A file error has occurred. Check your network connections or make sure your disk is properly inserted and not defective. (Normal.dotm) When I click OK, I get the SAVE Box requiring me to save Normal.dotm to My Templates. When I hit Save, it returns to the same SAVE Box asking for the same response. The only solution is to exit Word and hit Don’t Save box.

I then tried to remove all versions of Office (2004 and 2008) and reinstalled the software again following the same process of updating to the most recent version and running repair permissions. Same result.

Have you seen this problem before? If so, do you know how to fix this problem?

Given the problem, I uninstalled Office 2008 and reinstalled and updated Office 2004. Everything runs smoothly

By the way I am running OS X.5 on my late model iBook.

Thanks for any and all advice.:confused:

2. nadyne macrumors 6502a

It sounds like your normal template got damaged somehow. The Word MVPs have lots of details about how to work with the normal template, including troubleshooting information.

Regards,
    Nadyne.