Mac Office 2008 - Question about Tables in Word...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rwskemer, Mar 25, 2008.

1. rwskemer macrumors regular

When using Word 2007 for the PC I would often use tables and then spruce them up with all the preformated styles. I thought I was able to do this in Word 2008, but I cannot find any of those preformated styles in Word 2008. Am I missing something? Word 2008 for the Mac must have them somewhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

2. cmaier macrumors G3

right click in the table and choose "table autoformat"

3. rwskemer thread starter macrumors regular

I did this my the styles there are the basic ones, not the colorful new ones... I know I did this before on the Mac...

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I'm not certain...

what you are asking about. But I can't even find the word "performated" style in the Office: Mac 2008 "Help" section. You have the opportunity to "ask" someone from Office: Mac 2008 with their online community chat or contact Microsoft directly. Sorry I couldn't answer your question. :eek::confused:

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Maybe you meant...

"Document Elements" "Quick Tables" "Charts" "SmartArt Graphics" and "WordArt" are now located just above your outline in the bar just above your ruler. Hope this helps. :cool:

6. rwskemer thread starter macrumors regular

That inserts a preformated new table. It doesn't update the basic table with information I already had... Hm...

7. rwskemer thread starter macrumors regular

I just joined Mactopia and posted my question there. Thank you for the web site where I could hopefully find some sort of answer to my question!