Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rwskemer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
When using Word 2007 for the PC I would often use tables and then spruce them up with all the preformated styles. I thought I was able to do this in Word 2008, but I cannot find any of those preformated styles in Word 2008. Am I missing something? Word 2008 for the Mac must have them somewhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
When using Word 2007 for the PC I would often use tables and then spruce them up with all the preformated styles. I thought I was able to do this in Word 2008, but I cannot find any of those preformated styles in Word 2008. Am I missing something? Word 2008 for the Mac must have them somewhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

right click in the table and choose "table autoformat"

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
I'm not certain...

what you are asking about. But I can't even find the word "performated" style in the Office: Mac 2008 "Help" section. You have the opportunity to "ask" someone from Office: Mac 2008 with their online community chat or contact Microsoft directly. Sorry I couldn't answer your question. :eek::confused:

rwskemer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
"Document Elements" "Quick Tables" "Charts" "SmartArt Graphics" and "WordArt" are now located just above your outline in the bar just above your ruler. Hope this helps. :cool:

That inserts a preformated new table. It doesn't update the basic table with information I already had... Hm...

rwskemer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
what you are asking about. But I can't even find the word "performated" style in the Office: Mac 2008 "Help" section. You have the opportunity to "ask" someone from Office: Mac 2008 with their online community chat or contact Microsoft directly. Sorry I couldn't answer your question. :eek::confused:

I just joined Mactopia and posted my question there. Thank you for the web site where I could hopefully find some sort of answer to my question!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.