mac office 2008

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by warrencheng, Nov 10, 2008.

1. warrencheng macrumors newbie

does anyone know where could i get a cheaper copy of Mac office 2008?:rolleyes:

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

3. delude macrumors 6502

If you live in the UK, then yes! (although I guess not many people on here are:()

http://www.software4students.co.uk/

Although the visual side of the site could definitely do with updating, it is perfectly legitimate and offers the genuine software for a lot cheaper. There is a load of info on how and why they can do it.

4. feuerschlange macrumors regular

options to Office 2008

Have a look at the free Open Office for Mac - good things are being told about it.

iwork for mac is also a nice software package for a much shorter price.

I completely switched from Entourage to mail and ical (some features are missing, others are more polished and fluid to use).

Coming from Office 2007 for Windows, the Office 2008 for Mac experience is nothing short than unpleasant.

Important features are missing (the autofilter features of Excel are stripped down to the features of Excel for Windows Mobile :eek:).
    The programs are less snappy and responsive than running Office 2007 under Fusion on the same machine (see the beachball alot).

A lot of functions have an unpleasant waiting time after clicking a button or starting a function.

One cannot dock certain toolbars (in essence the formular bar, which is one of the most important features, to use with excel) - I move windows alot between different screens = massive PITA.

The price tag of the office package is around 400,- - this is a joke, if you see, what other apps can do for you.

I suggest, to grab an old license of Windows Office 2003 + a WinXP license from someone very cheap, buy a Fusion license for Mac and run superior office apps much cheaper and more stable.

5. south8212 macrumors 6502

I got mine brand new off ebay for 99 so i guess i saved 50 bucks, maybe you should check there