Mac on ASIs with dif hard drive

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Asadpasat, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Asadpasat macrumors newbie

I have Asus and dell laptops. I took out the hard drive from dell. So can I put the hard drive into the ASUS and install Mac on it and if needed just switch back the hard drive and have windows?

2. gavinstubbs09 macrumors 65816

gavinstubbs09

Um what? Are you trying to Hackintosh something?

3. Asadpasat thread starter macrumors newbie

We'll ok I have to swap the two hard drives. So one will have Mac and second Microsoft and when I need Mac or windows I would just swap the hard drives. Would it work ?

4. simsaladimbamba

5. Asadpasat thread starter macrumors newbie

6. gavinstubbs09 macrumors 65816

gavinstubbs09

You realize Windows and Mac use two completely different formats, right? Windows is MBR and Mac is GUID, and if you use mac you will have to format the drive as GUID. And, taking a HDD from one computer to another may have issues if it has Windows XP-7, as the Asus may be intel and the Dell may be AMD and you will get BSOD's due to the processor switch.

Best idea - buy a true mac.
    Second best idea - hackintosh the more compatible one of the two, and leave the other Windows.

7. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

OP. This may help to explain to you why we are somewhat confused.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple's_transition_to_Intel_processors

You are asking your questions on a PowerPC Mac forum about Macs that were made before 2006. OS X for PowerPC NEVER ran on ANY Windows machine without an emulator.

Your questions are more relevant to INTEL Macs, Macs made after 2006. As such, you're in the wrong forum.