Mac on windows question

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Bowlerguy10, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Bowlerguy10 macrumors 6502

It doesn't say anything about if we are able to talk about getting OSX onto Windows PC's. I'm not sure if we can talk about it in here, does anyone know? If we can without talking about illegalities then I have a question.

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

You can try asking your question, and I'm sure someone will flag it for the mods. If they find it appropriate it'll be allowed to continue. Otherwise, to the Wasteland you go. :)

Good luck, and ask wisely.

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

you can talk as long as you dont post links to where to get the patched leopard image

but as far as talking about it it is fine, just dont lead into piracy

you can talk about how to install as arn has said they dont police eula violations here. hence why there are many links to jailbreaking and such

4. Bowlerguy10 thread starter macrumors 6502

Alright, well I was curious as to if Leopard will run well on my computer and be compatible with the pieces of hardware that I list.

Make - Dell M1530

Graphics Card - Nvideo GeForce 8600 256MB DDR3

Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 (2.2 Ghz 4MB cache 800Mhz FSB)

RAM - I have a 2 gig stick of Mitsubishi ram running at 667 Mhz and a 1 gig stick of 667mhz Samsung ram.

Screen - 15.4 inch glossy widescreen 1680x1050

HD - 250 gig 5400 RPM Fujiitsu drive

Wireless Card - Intel Next Generation Wireless N 4965AGN

Sound Card - SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC

That's about all I know for specifics. For those of you that have an idea, will Leopard be compatible with this hardware?

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

if you google osx86, there is hardware compatibility lists out there

edit: yea dont post build if you dont want this to get closed i would imagine

6. Bowlerguy10 thread starter macrumors 6502

Have any of you guys OSX86'ed your OSX experience? If so, overall how is it?

7. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

ive had friends that have done so and to be honest its really stable and really really fast.

issues they have had if i remember were searching for audio fixes (which they did find) and ram limitations on some mb's if using ich9

when i think about it, i may try to do so in the near future with the machine ive just built as i bought it mainly for gaming. if i put osx on it, it would be awesome to say the least