.Mac Online Address Book and More...

Fins160

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2002
I have to say, these type of online address books are great. Synchronizing all your e-mail, contacts and documents makes traveling a lot easier. Unfortunately, a lot of programs take tons of user intervention just to get everything synched correctly. It should be done every time your computer goes idle or comes back from sleep, one of those simple conveniences that apple does so well.

buffsldr

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2001
Re: .Mac Online Address Book and More...

Originally posted by Macrumors
PowerPage notes a small addition to the .Mac website which indicates that Full Membership also includes:

Web-based Address Book and more coming soon.

Future .Mac integration with Mac OS X/iApps, as well as new features have been expected from Apple.
The power page link is broken.

I am not sure what this online address book is supposed to be. .Mac currently has an web based address book of just e-mails. It doesnt sync with anything. One of my great frustrations is with iCards, you have to manually enter e-mail addresses, even if you are a member. I wish that I could send icards to anyone in my address book very easily.

dricci

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2001
I'm guessing the final version of iSync will sync the two things with the .Mac tab, much like iSync does right now for the Palm (not really the iPod, because you can't change them on the fly on the iPod, so there's nothing to sync back to the Mac)

srobert

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2002
Speaking of iSynch...

... Anyone know when iSynch is supposed to be released? (final version - no beta)

Wardofsky

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2002
Feedback

Funny, when WebMail was still in beta testing you could give them feedback.

I said that it would be cool if you could sync your OS X Address Book online so you take your contacts with you.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
I got no objection, it would help,if your away from your computer then it would rock.

But who here would use it, all my friends have PC and I'm not realy interested in looking at my address book online, but it may come in handy to others.

danman

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2002
Originally posted by mac15
But who here would use it, all my friends have PC and I'm not realy interested in looking at my address book online, but it may come in handy to others.
Joking right? It should have been synch-able from the start I reckon. Don't know why it's taken so long.
I don't like carrying a PDA around, and I still don't have a phone that will carry addresses and multiple email addresses around with it so this is very welcome.