Mac-only businesses- how's your accounting?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by decksnap, Mar 11, 2009.

1. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

We've been running Clients & Profits for the longest time in our Mac-only office. Frankly it sucks, and we are looking toward something with less of a learning curve for potential accounting employees whose experience mostly seems to center around Quickbooks. Looking at Quickbooks for Mac, it is clearly not the same thing and I don't think it suits our needs. We need something where all users can access the database and add time, create POs and invoices, etc, but at the same time isn't foreign to someone trained in Quickbooks. Does this exist??

2. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

Though I personally use QuickBooks Online via Crossover, you should give FreshBooks a try. It's great looking app and works well on Macs.

3. decksnap thread starter macrumors 68040

decksnap

Thanks- are you saying even the online version of Quickbooks requires Windows? Or am I confusing what Quickbooks online is?

I have recently begun to use Freshbooks for freelance outside-of-work stuff. I was under the impression it is a little bit simplistic for use with a whole agency, but... I am not an accountant.

4. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

Yep - they use ActiveX for the online version and require you to use IE6 +. They've stated that a cross-browser/platform version is on the way, but I haven't seen it yet. I was able to get Crossover free (though i also have Fusion) during the promotion and I just use that for QBOE. It's not perfect, but it works really well.