Mac or PC *Link inside

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Alx9876, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Alx9876 macrumors 6502a

Alx9876

I saw this at mmo-champion.com and wanted to see if anything in this thread

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/821454-Mac-or-PC./page8

turned out to be true or not. I personally think it's all flame bait but the thread is getting out of control but the arguements are very compelling.

Both sides are making strong points against each other but I wanted to bring it to the experts here to get more opinions on it.

I'm not posting this to start a flaming discussion at all. But to look at it from a neutral point of view and discuss in a friendly manner

I personally love my iMac and other Apple products with no regret. I did my research and did not get overcharged for old technology like PC users like to say I did.

I looked at my iMac i7 specs and every part I could look up. If I made the same CPU out of a PC part by part I would be slightly over 3k with 27 inch Monitor included. Actually way over. So my iMac i7 was very well worth the price that I paid. I'm not heavy into gaming so what would I care about cpu gaming altogether.

PS

To Moderators:

I do not want to get banned for this thread so please take it down if necessary.

I am just trying to sort out "Fact from Fiction" here. Nothing else. Not PC vs Mac or anything. Just yes its true or not its not.

2. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

As far as pricing goes injust built a pc box with a 1.5T raid, 1T storage, haf932 case, x58 sabertooth MB, dual evga 460gtx 1g ram each(sli), i7 950, 8G ram, blu-ray drive and dual 24 inch Asus 2465 (model number may be one off) and other essentials for under $1800
    Though it's not an all in one package as the iMac is, its a lot more machine than a similarly price iMac.

Having both macs and pcs; I don't feel one is better than the other other than in the form factor category.

3. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Yawn. Who cares. Mac vs PC arguments are sooooo 2010.

4. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

I don't buy a Mac because of the components, I buy it for the OS and software available. I am willing to pay for the Macintosh OS because I feel it is vastly for stable and secure.

You can argue DVIs and adapters and graphics cards all you want... What other people argue about doesn't affect me anyway because I already know what I want.

:)

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Agreed, the mac is greater then the sum of its parts. The design is great, the OS is superior and the integration between the hardware, OS and apple software really make it a great platform

6. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

true.. it's the whole package, designed to work together from start to finish that makes it what it is.

And as for software, I find the quality of software for Mac is also much higher. And of course there are certain things for Mac you just plain can't get for Windows.. Coda (despite Panic's customer service that absolutely sucks) for starters, and BBEdit, and Tweetie, etc.