Mac or PC - see what presidential candidate choose?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by seasurfer, Jan 31, 2008.

1. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

2. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

Of course republicants use PCs. I did see a MacBook Pro on CNN yesterday though when they were chattering about something with one of the candidates.

3. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

The McCain household is (or used to be, anyway) a Mac haven. They were clients in the late 90's. Don't know what they're using now, though.

Anybody that could tough out Mac OS 8 & 9 is tough enough to run the country!

4. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

Rush Limbaugh ( :shudder: ) is a big Mac fan.

5. ryanmcd02 macrumors member

I always think it is surprising how many apple's you see in advertisements, considering that the market share is actually so small. I assume it is either because they are more attractive or that the people designing advertisements are more likely mac users.

6. pcorajr macrumors 6502

I think they are to busy running for office to care about what kind of computer they have. And you are wrong I know a lot of Republicans that own Mac including my self.

7. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

It might surprise you to learn that the current President is a Mac user. ;) :eek: :p

Clinton and Gore are also users (Gore obviously, but Clinton is not so well known).

I think if we polled politicians, we'd find that more of them use Macs than the general population. I think the reason relates to social status. I don't know why exactly, but Macs are still more prevalent amongst those who have gone to college, are white, or are wealthy. Politicians conveniently happen to be all 3! :p

8. paulbaker macrumors regular

uhhh

Conservative Republican business person here. Long time Mac user.

Listen, people who run business need to be creative and agile not pointy headed lemmings...

A Mac is for thinkers of all types, not just pot smoking anti-war activists, but for everyone who does not "fall in line" no matter which side of the isle your on.

9. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

This is quite true. Mac penetration at universities is incredibly high for that very reason (concentration of intelligent people).

In fact, going through life, I've found that most of the people I would personally label as "smart" have been Mac users (again, irrespective of their politics).

10. kuwisdelu macrumors 65816

Last year, Steve Jobs tried to persuade Al Gore to run for president again.

And Bill Clinton once borrowed Steve Job's motorcycle.

11. kaiwai macrumors 6502a

kaiwai

Where do us libertarians fit in? I'm a Mac user, but most I know tend to be Mac/Linux/UNIX/*BSD users :)

12. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

well Ron Paul uses a PC, :(

13. kaiwai macrumors 6502a

kaiwai

True, but he never said what operating system - there is hope ;)

14. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

Or maybe it's because they have a lot of secret stuff (President pron D: ) on their computers and don't want some nasty piece of Spyware giving all their top secret information away. :p