.Mac or ???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by konfuesious, Nov 12, 2007.

1. konfuesious macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,

Just joined the Macworld and I am loving it. I love my new SR Macbook and all the applications that come with it. I was so fed up with Windows XP and finally took the plunge after months and months of researching and going through forums after forums and now I am here, because I believe that this is the place to be.

I am in process of making personal websites and am thinking about .Mac services, but is there something cheaper? I think iWeb only works with .Mac account and I have already started the trial period. I need help in deciding if I should purchase the services or go independent? All my website will be for personal use.

Thanks for all your help and I LOVE my NEW MacBook.

2. forrestmc4 macrumors regular

It is my understanding that you can use iWeb to create sites and upload those files to a different service but things do get rather dicey. In terms of .Mac competition, there really isn't anything else like it for mac. I doubt you are in need of another email address, but the web storage is accessible from any computer with a net connection and has saved me on a few occasions.

.Mac is a reliable service that does what it says it will. But don't expect it to knock your socks off.

3. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Very true. There are plenty of 3rd party applications & services that can substitute for individual services of .Mac, but none are as simple to use.