Mac OS 10.5.2 Airport Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by macadam212, Feb 24, 2008.

1. macadam212 macrumors regular

Hi, I have been experiencing wireless problems since upgrading to Leopard, I will have a full signal one minute and then it drops out.

I read that the 10.5.2 update was supposed to fix the airport issues, but i'm still having the same problems.

I have a Belkin wireless rooter connected to a DSL cable modem, which my iMac G5 connects to wirelessly via the internal Airport card. I then have two Airport express rooters (purchased since upgrading to Leopard) around the house, connected to speakers so I can use Airtunes.

I lose connection more when streaming iTunes music to the two Airport Express rooters, and it appears that when I use programs like Photoshop and Illustrator, it increases the network dropouts, which makes me wonder if the iMac is to blame?

I'm planning to get a Time Capsule, which will replace the Belkin rooter, so that everything wireless is :apple:. I'm not sure that this will make much of a difference though as that will only effect the the internet, and I expect I'll still have problems connecting to the Airports as they connect to the iMac.

Is it worth replacing the Airport card inside the iMac, or shall I wait for further updates from :apple:? :confused:

2. mankar4 macrumors 6502a

mankar4

this used to happen to me a lot, then I switched from WEP encryption to WPA 2 encryption, and it hasn't happened since.

3. jalagl macrumors 6502a

jalagl

Same problem here. The problems seems to be with the Keychain, rather than with the actual wireless. Doing the steps in this other post solved the problem for me:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?referrerid=59552&t=435106

Make sure that in "Keychain Access" you delete the passwords from the "system" keychain.

This solution seems to work for some people, and not work for other, so YMMV. I hope it does work, though, as it made for one of the most frustrating experiences I've ever had.