Mac os 10.6.2 update and imac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by jmonfire, Nov 9, 2009.

1. jmonfire macrumors member

Did the updated 10.6.2 SL that came out today fix the screen flickering issue for anyone?
    any other problems fixed, you can post here :)

2. VicX macrumors member

VicX

i can hardly see anything obviously changed, mine was running nicely before,

3. topmounter macrumors 68020

topmounter

Mine was running great before, but it took several restarts of my iMac after the patch for everything to get back to normal. I "think" the EyeTV software (which "was" set to start on boot) didn't like .2 very much because it seemed to hang things up for a few minutes at boot. The Magic Mouse 2-finger swipe quit working until the 3rd or 4th restart, but it seems back to normal as well.

4. mac-ho macrumors member

Mackers on other forums have stated it did not help.:mad::mad::mad:

5. KyleKlink macrumors regular

KyleKlink

What is this screen flickering issue you speak of? I have seen no issues with my 27".

6. Ian Keegan macrumors newbie

I'm on my second 27" iMac and I live in the Republic of Ireland,I bought my iMac on the 30th of November and 3 days into having it,I started to notice the flashing screen.After speaking with an apple rep over the phone,I was informed I should box it up and send it back.
    I then received my new iMac 3 days later and I was delighted with how fast their service was....
    This time 4 days into me using it,I got the same reaction off this one only worst,the intervals between flashes became shorter.I spoke with an apple rep over the phone recently and they informed me of the 10.6.2 update.
    Updated it and I'm STILL having the same problem.
    I've informed another apple care senior analyst and I am currently waiting on his reply.
    I think apple need to get there act together,giving the amount of money I spent on the bloody thing,they should have a better mode of customer service.

RANT OVER.
    :mad::mad::mad: