Mac OS 10.6.2 wireless problem. help please!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by DARKJ3DI, Nov 11, 2009.

1. DARKJ3DI macrumors regular

DARKJ3DI

Hello fellow :apple: Mac users;

I have an early 2008 white 2.4GHz MacBook that I recently upgraded to Mac OS 10.6.2. It has been ok apart from one huge issue; it keeps on killing my wireless connection. When I connect to my wireless network (Its an airport Express 'N' connected to D-link router then a D-link modem) I can only browse the internet for about 3-4 minutes before Safari says that 'The page can not be displayed'. If i disconnect from the network then reconnect it will work for another 3-4 minutes until it dies again. However, downloading any files via Safari or uTorrent or even copying files from my Mums PC will instantly kill my connection. The internet connection from other devices in my house (Vista PC, iPod Touch and Xbox 360) still works fine.

I didn't have this problem in 10.6.1 and it is getting really annoying. Please help. (I hope I posted this in the right section; I think its a software issue not with my hardware)

2. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

well from what i heard about this problem, people have said that turn off airport, and turning it back on, hopefully this will work for u.

3. DARKJ3DI thread starter macrumors regular

DARKJ3DI

hey thanks for the reply pc. I have tried that and it will restore my connection for 3-4 then it will stop again. :( are there any other ideas?

4. borcanm macrumors regular

I had a problem like this only under Tiger using the ethernet. Same thing would happen, my connection would drop every 5 min, or when i started to download something. I even did a clean install of the OS and it still did the same thing. What fixed it for me was changing the MTU setting in the system>Network pref panel.

5. DARKJ3DI thread starter macrumors regular

DARKJ3DI