Mac OS 10.9 and my MacBook.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iOrbit, Jan 13, 2013.

1. iOrbit macrumors 6502a

i bought my first Mac in 2012, it's a late 2011 MacBook Pro.

when Mountain Lion came out, i was happy and relieved that my mac would support AirPlay Mirroring, i know all pre 2011 Mac's got excluded which sucks. so assuming Mac OS 10.9 will bring Siri, possibly iBooks and maybe Maps, is it safe for me to predict that my Mac won't be supported for Siri? im sure 2012 Mac's will be, considering they all got the new Microphones.

i haven't been here for awhile, can i expect any other additions in 10.9? and should i expect to be excluded from anything other than Siri??

2. Hexley macrumors 6502a

In its current state Siri is broken or as they 'beta'.

There has been no announcement of OS X 10.9 as of the moment. You are needlessly burning brain cells.

3. ybz90 macrumors 6502a

ybz90

^ This. It's pointless to speculate on things that are themselves speculation.

4. iOrbit thread starter macrumors 6502a

perhaps,

no harm in speculating, its just a discussion in a forum.

5. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

Given that dictation is currently supported on the 2011 machines in mountain lion (which needs accurate speech recognition), i suspect that siri will be supported also.

if it is good enough to convert your speech to words, it should be good enough for siri.

Also:
    Unlike iOS upgrades, OS X upgrades are PAID upgrades. So you're not getting a "free ride" with old hardware for new features like you are on iOS.

There were reasons apple dropped support for older macs with ML and Lion and they weren't just "we want you to upgrade".

6. iOrbit thread starter macrumors 6502a

I Hope you're right. I Really Do.

;)