mac os 9.1 update

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by famousj26, Oct 17, 2008.

1. famousj26 macrumors newbie

i have a mac os 9.0 and i wanna update it to 9.1 so i can use classic, i downloaded the update off the apple site but it wont install because classic wont load up, i dont have the cd so im trying to figure out what to do to update to 9.1, thanx

2. Poncho macrumors 6502

Poncho

Don't you have to do a firmware update to go from 9 to 9.1?

Can't remember now.

Confused though, are you running OS9 only?

3. famousj26 thread starter macrumors newbie

im not sure, im a pc guy and its my gfs computer and i know nothing about mac computers at all.
    i went to the startup disk and it says MAC OS X, 10.4.11 on untitled, idk what that means but i just want to figure out how to update this so i can run classic

4. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

My only real recommendation is to let your girlfriend know she needs a new computer...almost 10 years is a long time for a computer ;)

5. famousj26 thread starter macrumors newbie

haha sad thing is she just got this for a present like 4 months ago lol, u have any idea how to update to 9.1, i downloaded the update but it wont install since it cant run classic to install it, any way to get around having to run classic to install it?

6. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

7. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Apple pulled classic support with 10.3 I think. All I know is that under 10.4.11 your girlfriend can not run classic. Also I don't know why she would want to. Any development for OS 9 stopped almost 8 years ago.