Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
Hey I wanna know how I can access files from other computers using a Mac (namely os 9.2.2) without installing extra software. So far I can access the internet from the router that I have this connected up to, but I would like to know how I can access shared files and folders from a remote Windows Box and copy the files on to here? Any clues?

strider42

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2002
slooksterPSV said:
Hey I wanna know how I can access files from other computers using a Mac (namely os 9.2.2) without installing extra software. So far I can access the internet from the router that I have this connected up to, but I would like to know how I can access shared files and folders from a remote Windows Box and copy the files on to here? Any clues?

as far as I know, there is no way to do it natively from either OS 9 or windows. If you don't want to install something like DAVE on your mac, whcih would allow for native file sharing, you could use client/server software like hotline

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.