mac os 9 on ibook g4 help plz !!!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by elsa1, May 27, 2015.

1. elsa1 macrumors newbie

hi there can someone plz help me i wanted to have mac os 9.2.2 on my ibook g4 933mhz but i do not know how i can do this can someone plz help me i really want it thxs so i can play all my old games i will not use mac os 9 in tiger it is slow and dose not work with all the games :mad:

2. Dronecatcher macrumors 68000

Dronecatcher

As you maybe know, your iBook can't boot directly into OS 9, however, the chaps over on this site have hacked a way to do it:

https://www.thinkclassic.org/viewtopic.php?id=46&p=5

Tread carefully though as it requires a bit of work!

3. elsa1 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok that may work thxs for the info i need to buy a firewire cable from ebay that works with my imac and ibook i think it is firewire 400

4. iMacC2D, May 27, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  5. elsa1 thread starter macrumors newbie

so this will work on my 933mhz model i have coz i wanted to have a hdd with both tiger and mac os 9 on it so i hope this cd will work for me thxs

6. elsa1 thread starter macrumors newbie

it has been resolved for the 1st time in forever i have got mac os 9 to work on a ibook g4 thanks to you guys thanks you so much :eek::eek::eek:

7. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

For day to day application use, you are probably better off with Classic as OS 9 will likely lack the appropriate graphics acceleration for games. If you ever wanted a native machine to run OS 9, then a Titanium PowerBook or iBook G3 is your best bet in terms of portables.