Mac OS 9

Discussion in 'macOS' started by TSE, Jun 14, 2008.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

I read an article awhile ago from about 2003. It says that Apple was very proud if I remember right that about 30% of all Mac users use Mac OS X. My question is, that was about two years after Mac OS X came out. I am just curious if anyone still uses Mac OS 9 as an OS full time?

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

apart from using it for past (awosme) games i dont use it THAT much. i emulate it with my MBP for games, and still have my G3 iMac for it to run native aswell.

im sure there are thousands of people that still use it for software that no longer runs on OS X. i did work experience at a place 2 years ago and they were still using it for authoring because it was the easiest and most productive software for the job... so yea

3. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Believe it or not, there are those people who still use it full time. I'm not sure how many, but I'm sure it's a small but die-hard number. Almost like those who still use AmigaOS full time (including a business that runs entirely on Amigas).

In late 2007, I remember I had to provide support for someone who needed to submit a digital document to us, but we couldn't read the format. They were running Mac OS 8.6, and he said it was his primary, full-time computer.

Ultimately, he found an old copy of Adobe Acrobat, and I had to walk him through the process of making a PDF and sending that to us.