Mac OS black instead of grey?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ivoruest, Sep 27, 2010.

1. ivoruest macrumors 6502

ivoruest

I was just wondering how many of you would like the Mac OS (the next one, 10.7) to be black? I personally think the grey is starting to become way to dull and boring. I really like it to change to a better looking black or even better, a customizable finder and application themes, such as Windows 7.

Tell me your opinion I'm very willing to know what you all think about this.:apple:

For me, Quicktime X just looks incredibly cool.

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Oh, no doubt I would love at least the option for a white-on-black theme for the menu bar, finder, etc. I have seen it hacked to do that, but that requires messing with parts of the system that I would rather not touch, even if I have a backup.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Apple is not about customization, so the Finder in 10.7 will be just as locked down to change is prior versions of OSX.

As for a black theme, I'd think that would be horrible. I've tried dark/black themes and it interferes' with my work. I cannot image apple embracing something that would actually hamper one's productivity.

4. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Just because it hampers your productivity doesn't mean it hampers everyone's... I happen to enjoy dark themes, I find them quite soothing.

It makes me sad that Magnifique doesn't work with Snow Leopard, since that would give you a good way to create a dark theme...

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Agreed, but apple isn't catering to you (or me) specifically but to the masses and catering to the masses means making certain decisions with color, and UI theme selection.

6. ivoruest thread starter macrumors 6502

ivoruest

Just a little more customizable...

You both have good points. Therefore what could be best for anyone is an option to change between a few or even a fully customizable color scheme.

I like the Aero looks in Windows 7 for example...