Mac OS, Chrome, and wireless

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Aspen, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Aspen macrumors member

I have to log onto an unsecured wireless network for internet work frequently. An agreement page indicating that I won't distribute spam, won't go to bad sites, etc. comes up, I type in an email address, click log on and everything works fine. Well, it works fine with Safari and Firefox but not Chrome. I am unable to even get to the log in page with Chrome and Snow Leopard though everything works fine with Chrome and Windows.

Thus, I am thinking that this is something specific to Mac OS. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks for the help.

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

It may just be an issue with the build of Chrome for OS X. I have never been a big fan of it myself.

3. BlaqkAudio macrumors 6502

Does the agreement page come up in Safari/Firefox automatically? Or does it redirect you after you type in a URL?

At my university, you have to register your computer each semester before you're allowed to access the residential network. I use Chrome and I just type in google.com and it redirects me to the registration page just fine.

It's also possible that the person who made the redirect web page didn't strictly follow HTML rules and Chrome won't redirect you.