Mac OS Double Monitor Setup - Help

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by twiggy0, Aug 25, 2012.

1. twiggy0, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2012

twiggy0 macrumors 6502

2. simsaladimbamba

If it is a Unibody Mac mini, then it has two video outputs, HDMI and Mini DisplayPort.
    The displays have DVI and DisplayPort inputs, thus you need a MDP to DP cable and an HDMI to DVI adapter.
    They can be had via MonoPrice.

3. twiggy0 thread starter macrumors 6502

Would there be better 1080p 21"-24" monitors to be had for my need?
    I'm just looking for a relatively good color output gamut and good frame rate and what not.

Going to be mostly doing internet stuff but I take a dab here and there at FCPX and Lightroom (though those would be running from my MBP to my monitors, I'd have to figure out how to do that as well)

4. simsaladimbamba

Probably, but not in this price range. As I prefer 16:10 displays, I would have gone with the U2412M, but as they have the same inputs, you would require the same adapters.
    Or you look for an IPS LED LC-display with MDP/DP and HDMI inputs, to have no need for an HDMI to DVI adapter.

5. dolphin842 macrumors 65816

dolphin842

The Mac mini comes with an HDMI->DVI adapter in the box, so you don't need to worry about that.

Before you get the mini though, take a look through this thread, as there are reports of display irregularities on some types of graphics cards with these monitors.