Mac OS folder appearing on startup?

Jamie0003

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 17, 2009
Norfolk, UK
For some reason, the Mac OS folder in system keeps appearing whenever I start up my Mac. I think it's something to do with resume, but iv'e never been into that folder since upgrading to lion, and it also randomly appears when I'm using my mac.

Is it a bug or am I the only one?

Nelisnx2

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2011
For some reason, the Mac OS folder in system keeps appearing whenever I start up my Mac. I think it's something to do with resume, but iv'e never been into that folder since upgrading to lion, and it also randomly appears when I'm using my mac.

Is it a bug or am I the only one?
I had the same problem. In my case it happened after i installed Steam. To disable the folder to open at on startup do this:
Go to Systempreference -> Users and Groups -> select your account and go to the login tab. Here you will see a folder (in my case a folder called "Steam"). To remove the folder from startup select the folder and than the remove button at the bottom.
Sorry for my bad English or translations. (I'm dutch)

SgtImhotep

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2011
Basingstoke, UK
I had the same problem. In my case it happened after i installed Steam. To disable the folder to open at on startup do this:
Go to Systempreference -> Users and Groups -> select your account and go to the login tab. Here you will see a folder (in my case a folder called "Steam"). To remove the folder from startup select the folder and than the remove button at the bottom.
Thanks for the Nelisnx2, that had been bugging me for ages. :)

Cheers,

SgtImhotep

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
Thank god for "search" functions. I've been trying to solve this for a while.

woodhousem

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2008
Resources Folder Keeps appearing on startup

Thanks for the tip, I believe the Resources folder that kept appearing was a result of a faulty MS Office for MAC upgrade.

Woody

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.