Mac OS high sierra support end

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by mhorsley121, Jun 8, 2019.

1. mhorsley121 macrumors newbie

mhorsley121

although I have seen other threads answering this question. I am on a late 2011 MacBook Pro which does not support Mojave and newer. Although there are patches available to get it running I was just wanting to ask how safe am I running high Sierra for the next year or so (while I save for a new Mac) or am I better off using a patched version of Mojave. The MacBook Pro still works very well and is fast enough for daily use (my main machine is actually a 9.7inch 2018 iPad for basic stuff) but for things I currently cannot do in iOS.

I would like to at least use it until late next year which gives me enough time, do you reckon this would be still safe to use?

Regards

2. flowrider macrumors 603

flowrider

^^^^No one, outside of Apple, really knows. but IMHO it's safe to say at least another two years. Sierra is still being supported with Security Updates.

Lou

3. mhorsley121 thread starter macrumors newbie

mhorsley121

Thank you

4. redheeler macrumors 604

redheeler

@flowrider is correct in that Apple doesn't publish official info, but they've been on a three year support period for MacOS security updates since Mavericks. MacOS High Sierra was released in fall 2017, meaning it will be supported with security updates until fall 2020.

5. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

Generally they support the current version of MacOS along with the previous two versions with security updates. Following this, whenever the successor to Catalina comes out, security support for High Sierra will end, but it should be supported throughout the lifetime of Catalina.

6. Sam5281 macrumors regular

This is just what I was hoping to find out - thanks guys. Awesome knowledge on here.

Off topic; has Mojave sorted itself out? IE: I can run it (late 13'MBP) but have stayed on trusty Sierra - as I don't know what I'm missing technically?