Mac OS Sierra

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by golfnut1982, Jan 29, 2017.

1. golfnut1982 macrumors regular

golfnut1982

Does Mac OS Sierra show up in your purchased apps after you download and install it?

Thanks!

2. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

No.
    If you have a need to download Sierra again, use the download link in the Sierra app description page.

I do wonder what will happen when Sierra is not the current system anymore.

3. CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

No.
    I have been saving copies of the full 10.12 installers since I don't know if Apple will allow downloads of 10.12 after 10.13 is out.

4. golfnut1982 thread starter macrumors regular

golfnut1982

I still have links for EL Cap and Yosemite inks in purchased, so maybe for Sierra too. Thanks!

5. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

Apple apparently has changed that a bit for Sierra. I have the Sierra Public Beta in purchased list (from before Sierra final was released), but Sierra does not show there. In any prior version (from Lion until El Capitan), the initial download is from the App Store product page, but all later downloads come from the Purchased list, including while that version was still current. All of those from Lion to El Capitan still appear in my Purchased list, including the Sierra Public Beta (before release).
    Not the current Sierra.
    We'll have to wait and see what happens after the next Cat, or Mountain, or Tree, or whatever Apple releases next.

And, I also download current versions of macOS each time the system is updated, stored on an external. I've got all system installers on that drive from Tiger to Sierra, with bootable installer partitions for each. I try to keep those install partitions at the most current version, if I can.