Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nilscollection

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2011
The Netherlands
Hi everyone,

I'm really happy with Mac OS X Lion but there's just one bug that is kind of bothering me... there is this one button that overlaps the 'Subject' text.

I just wanted to know if this was just me, or if anyone else has this 'issue' as well.

I'm running Mac OS 10.7.1, if that might help. :)

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2011-08-31 om 17.28.08.jpg
    Schermafbeelding 2011-08-31 om 17.28.08.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
Hi everyone,

I'm really happy with Mac OS X Lion but there's just one bug that is kind of bothering me... there is this one button that overlaps the 'Subject' text.

I just wanted to know if this was just me, or if anyone else has this 'issue' as well.

I'm running Mac OS 10.7.1, if that might help. :)

What exactly is the problem?

Nilscollection

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2011
The Netherlands
What exactly is the problem?

Didn't I already mentioned the problem? :confused:

As said, there's a menu button which is overlapping a line of text, which is pretty disturbing.
Doesn't seem right to me, so I was wondering if someone else had this problem as well and if so, maybe the problem could be fixed.

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2008
UK
not really a solution but it might get around the issues

click on the button and choose customise, select to show the from field in the mail header, this will move the button down to the next line (although if from in dutch is a long word you might get the same issue with that)

Nilscollection

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2011
The Netherlands
Unfortunately, there's no option to select 'from' (it's not even listed) but if I choose to show the mail server, it doesn't overlap anything. Maybe this'll be fixed in 10.7.2 - we'll see.

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2011-09-01 om 17.22.13.jpg
    Schermafbeelding 2011-09-01 om 17.22.13.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 76

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2008
UK
Unfortunately, there's no option to select 'from' (it's not even listed) but if I choose to show the mail server, it doesn't overlap anything. Maybe this'll be fixed in 10.7.2 - we'll see.

Looks like it might only allow you to display the from if you have multiple accounts

might be worth submitting feedback on this, looks like a bug when using languages other than english

http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.