Mac OS X 10.0

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by froggytreafrogg, Jun 26, 2008.

1. froggytreafrogg macrumors regular

froggytreafrogg

It would be great if someone could tell me where i could download a dmg of Mac OS X 10.0. (the first OS X) I'm trying to use this for my ol' Bondi Blue iMac G3. Thanks.

2. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

sorry..posting links to pirated software is illegal

search google or something...

or purchase a used copy here

3. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

4. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

i got one for $7 but if u have 128mb of ram why not buy 10.1 or 10.2 or 10.3 pm me and i can find u one ;)

5. froggytreafrogg thread starter macrumors regular

froggytreafrogg

thanks for responding. Well, i have a 10.2 and i just got a 10.1. The reason i'm looking for a 10.0 is because i have an iMac bondi blue (orginal: tray load, 233mhz, 64mb ram) It doesn't run well at all with 10.2 and is still rather slow with 10.1. i figure that if i could find a 10.0, it would run just fine. I'm just toying around with the old peice of junk though. I'm not in any hurry, if you can find one, email me the link. thanks

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Except that 10.0 was buggy as all get out.

7. froggytreafrogg thread starter macrumors regular

froggytreafrogg

Ah well, no biggie; i'll probably end up putting os 9 or something like that anyways. this is just for my own nerdy fun.

8. jodelli macrumors 65816

jodelli

If you want it to do anything you'll have to use 9 anyway. All 10.0 does is sit there and look pretty.

9. FoxyKaye macrumors 68000

FoxyKaye

San Francisco, Terre d'Ange, Bas Lag, Gallifrey
    Well, if you're willing to do a little bit of case work, I believe even the old Bondi Blue iMacs will max out at 1GB of RAM (but you really have to work to get at both RAM modules). While you're in there, you could put in even a smaller-than-120GB modern 7200RPM HDD, and I believe there's even adapters kicking around online pretty cheap for the original Airport cards. I can't recall offhand if it was possible with the Bondi Blues or the next release, but someone was also selling a new port setup for them that added a firewire port as well.

I've had the old Bondi Blues running Panther fine, though. Maxing the RAM is key, though adding a modern HDD would also help.

Have fun, though whatever you opt to put on it. OS9 on the Bondi Blues with enough RAM was very fast.

10. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

i wouldnt think its worth it on a tray loading maybe on a 400mhz and up slot loading imac

11. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

hmm interesting the only thing i could find was 10.2 ill recommend to get $5 and buy a 128mb stick and through 10.1 or 10.2 sorry i tried

12. froggytreafrogg thread starter macrumors regular

froggytreafrogg

is it that cheap to get a 128 stick for an imac g3 bondi blue? if it is only $5, i mite go to ebay and get a stick.

13. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

well here on a used site people are sselling 128's for 5 bucks maybe you can find cheaper on ebay... but i thought 10.0 needed 128 mb of ram to run anyway it says on my book thing but what kind of ram does it take?

14. kepner macrumors 6502

Isn't 10.1 significantly faster than 10.0? It doesn't make sense if you consider the other major operating system's history, but Mac OS X seems to improve performance on the same hardware with each release.

15. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    Yup, I would max out the ram (cheap) and put at least 10.1, 10.2 would be even better.... :)