Mac OS X (10.10.4) Notifications Help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by WordsmithMR, Aug 6, 2015.

1. WordsmithMR macrumors 6502

WordsmithMR

So I have recently been getting notifications from a website that I have visited. (bundlestars) I really don't want to get these notifications... However they just pop up, they don't show up in the Notifications center (like MacRumors, Twitter, etc do)... It also isn't in the Safari >Preferences >Notifications menu... Nor is it in the System Settings > Notifications menu... So I have no idea where to go to remove this site. Any tips or advice? Thanks

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Probably just popups from that site. Might be some little adware that you picked up when you used that site.
    Try downloading and installing MalwareBytes. Only takes a few seconds to check for the presence of the occasional dodgy stuff.

3. WordsmithMR thread starter macrumors 6502

WordsmithMR

Have that downloaded... But it turns out that it was a Steam notification and not a website push notification <___>;

4. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

5. wts macrumors member

wts

And

you are OK with that ?

6. WordsmithMR thread starter macrumors 6502

WordsmithMR

Well I can turn off Steam notifications. When posting this, I had thought it was an OS X Notification, which was odd because it wasn't coming up in the Notification menu, nor was it in any settings. Sorry for the trouble.