Mac OS X 10.3.7 missing libraries?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by macube, Mar 14, 2013.

1. macube macrumors newbie

Hello people. I installed OS X 10.3.7 on my old macmini G4 (7450) and I have a problem with libraries in /usr/lib/ .. they are missing. For example when I try to run vlc or acrobat, they require libstdc++.6.dylib to run but I can't find them anywhere. I checked /usr/lib manualy but the aren't there. Whan can I do with that? Please help me, I am so confused. Thank you so much

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Erm, if possible update to a more recent OS.

I had 10.3.7 long time ago, don't know if those files should be there by default, I still have 10.4 on my disk somewhere but that's the earliest I have so sadly can't check for you.

3. macube thread starter macrumors newbie

It is possible but 10.4 has bigger system requirements and I have just 256MB ram. I use pc only sometimes so I don't need a new machine. I just don't know why those libraries aren't there. I tried to run vlc 0.8.6i which has support of 10.3 but It doesn't work. There is the same issue. What do you think if I try libraries from your 10.4 import to my 10.3? Maybe it will work

4. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

I ran 10.5.8 on a Pismo 500MHz 384 MB and it ran fairly OK.

You did not tell what you have.

The Libraries are almost sure not working from 10.4 to 10.3.7

5. macube thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you and do you know some pack of libraries of something? I tried to install GCC3.3 but it doesn't install libraries I need.

6. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Don't know, 10.3 is old, too many years passed since I used it.